It’s been a while since I made a list, and after coming home today under a bit of a grey cloud to find myself craving not one of my go-to reads but a book I haven’t read in several years, I realized that a worthwhile list would be books to remove a bad mood. I’ve posted a sort of sister post to this where I talked about particular lines from several books I consider stress relievers. Today I’ll be expanding that list in a different way, listing off several books that I love not for their familiarity, but for their ability to dissolve a bad mood.
1. Alan Mendelsohn, The Boy From Mars by Daniel Pinkwater
2. The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
3. What I Call Life by Jill Wolfson
4. Belle Prater’s Boy by Ruth White
5. Obama’s Blackberry by Kasper Hauser and James Reichmuth
Hoping you’re enjoying de-stressing with some reading time this Tuesday afternoon,